Friday, January 11, 2013

Incremental forward progress

My wife's input has been invaluable; her comments have allowed us to steer our publishing venture in exciting directions, and I'm grateful for that.

We've discussed the format for our first book, based on printing cost; she also brought up the point that a certain book size is popular, and it got us rethinking the pages I'd already inked. With rescanning and reformatting, we can package Ninja Baby as a 'manga digest', which will allow the artwork to breathe better, and appeal to our target demographic.

I'm thrilled by this direction, and will start tweaking the finished artwork. As a bonus, it'll be easier to achieve a certain number of pages, without necessarily creating much new artwork. 

I'm looking forward to having our first book ready to sell!

No comments:

Post a Comment